STEPHEN CLARK, CHAIR
Stephen Clark is a Certified Realtime Captioner (CRC) based in Washington, DC. Steve started working as a freelance court reporter in 1985. In 1997, he transitioned to a career in realtime broadcast captioning. In 2006, Steve founded the realtime captioning company, Home Team Captions. His company provides onsite and remote captioning and CART services in Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia, as well as nationally and internationally. In July 2016, Home Team Captions became part of the Alternative Communication Services (ACS) family of companies.
Steve’s onsite and remote realtime experience includes working with federal, state, and local governmental agencies; nonprofits and nongovernmental organizations; educational CART; onsite and remote stadium captioning; and broadcast captioning.
Since 2000, Steve has provided onsite and remote training. This training includes sports captioning, CART captioning, and Broadcast Captioning 101 for experienced captioners and recent graduates who are beginning their broadcast captioning and CART captioning careers.
Steve’s professional memberships include:
- National Court Reporters Association, Registered Member, 1983 – present
- NCRA Director, Board of Directors
- NCRA Broadcast and CART Captioning Committee, Chair/Co-Chair, 2016 – 2018
- Maryland Court Reporters Association, 2016 – present
- Virginia Court Reporters Association, 2016 – present
- NCRA CART Community of Interest, 2013-2014